Friday, May 8, 2009

Announcement

If it seems that I have mentioned Washington D.C. more than once lately (see this post or this one ) well, there's a reason... Dr. Jay and I have decided to move there this summer. We are leaving this sleepy town for new adventures in our nation's capitol. He will be working for the Treasury Department and I will be looking for a new job. I am putting it out there: anyone have any employment ideas for me? I'd love to work for an amazing firm like this one , this one, or this one , and primarily with residential design, but if you haven't heard, it's tough out there. I don't know that D.C. is faring any better than the rest of the country, but I will do my best to make the employment search interesting. That being said, I have been trying to familiarize myself with the city, and we of course have been scouring Craigslist for housing. We're going on a scouting trip in a couple of weeks, so maybe I'll have some fun(ny) photos of what we come up with. One place I will definitely be visiting once we move is The Pope-Leighey House by Frank Lloyd Wright, a Usonian house originally built in Falls Church, Virginia in 1940. I had never heard of this house until last week! It has since been moved to a new location to the grounds of Woodlawn (another spot I have yet to visit!), and is part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Can't wait to share the visit with you. Anyone else have suggestions for incredible architectural gems that I must not miss in or around the District of Columbia?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited you guys are going to be in DC! We can't wait to see way more of you in the near future!

    ReplyDelete