Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A World Architecture Survey

Dr. Jay alerted me to this article on VanityFair.com not too long ago, and since he may be responsible for deleting the entire post I’d written for you guys about marble and I’m not up to recreating it for you at this hour of the night, I figured it was finally time to share the VF article with you.

If you’re interested in learning what some of today’s top architects consider to be the most influential works of architecture in the world (constructed since 1980) check out the results of their survey here.  You can click on each participant (most of whom are architects or designers of some reknown) and see their top five picks.  You can also view a slideshow of some of the most popular works of world architecture.  I loved skimming through it to see how many of these buildings or structures I’ve been to or seen in person.  And making a list of where I need to visit.  It’s a long list.

Bird's Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment