Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty’s Day

029

This is what pregnant ladies do with their wine glasses: drink green smoothies.  That wine glass is one of my favorites, not only because it’s extra large, but because it reminds me of our trip to San Francisco and Northern California last January.  We visited the Twomey Cellars winery in Healdsburg, California and it’s the site of the Babble’s header photography.  I was blown away by the design of the building, which takes advantage of incredible views of their vineyards in the Russian River Valley.  I know the architect is local to the area, but I can’t seem to find it listed online.  Does anyone know who designed this building?

3 comments:

  1. It is nice to know the source of that awesome header photo! My immediate thought upon seeing the script on the wine glass was, oh..how cute..that means there are two of her now (twomey)! I thought it was a baby reference. The name is, I believe, Irish. I grew up with many of them in Boston...have a happy St. Patty's! Erin go braugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I had no idea how appropriate I was being when I chose that glass for my St. Patty's day smoothie. I just looked up the origin of Twomey, and it looks like the original Gaelic name is O'Tuama. Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel: I am happy you enjoyed the winery. It originally was called Roshambo. Here is a link to an A.I.A. site that has more photos.
    http://www.aiare.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=90
    Here is a link to a book that has a good chapter on the winery.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/8496304671
    Best regards, Jacques Ullman • Architect
    jacquesullman@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete