Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New uses for old things

I love the concept of new uses for old things. I’m totally inspired by this post from Apartment Therapy. I cannot believe that this bench:

93009bench2

Came from two chairs like this:

93009bench1

Now that is an amazing transformation. Looks like they did a little hammer-time. If you aren’t familiar with the hammer-time technique, it was developed by my mother-in-law when she wanted to change a lot of her brass candle holders and frames to brushed nickle or silver using this:

SRHmsGrySpL

There are two chairs on our patio at this very moment that deserve my attention in the form of some rehab. I hope to back with some of my own Before and After photos some time before it gets too cold to sit out on that patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment