Monday, April 20, 2009

Casa El Pio

  • This is Margaret, manager extraordinaire of Casa El Pio, the wonderful hotel I stayed at with my friends on Isla Mujeres a few weeks ago. This place is truly worth visiting, and I don't think you'll find a better deal than Casa El Pio. Though Margaret has been my friend since Mrs. Tapley's fourth grade class, I can say without any bias that it's hard to find a better hotel experience. Here are just a few photos from my stay there. Below is the lower portion of our room. Yes, four ladies squished in to one room, but there were two beds in a generously sized room, and we've all known each other the majority of our lives so we pretended we were 10 again. The owners, Hillary and Chris Bilheimer (Margaret's sister and brother-in-law), had all the furniture made on the island. Isn't their taste just spot on?
Next is the courtyard and pergola. While we were there, workers installed netting on the pergola for vines to grow over. We had this little patio area outside our room. This shot is looking below in to the courtyard from the roof. I took some liberty getting up on the roof for photos, but later I got the okay from Hillary. Eventually we all got up there to watch a spectacular sunset.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It took me awhile to find this and I apologize for the delay in thanking you for the great press + compliments! I'm glad you had such a great stay and I hope your move up north has gone well!

    ReplyDelete